The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Truth Be Told Tuesday #16 - Oh, Poop!

Hello friends, welcome to another Truth be Told Tuesday where we share the truths in our lives in an effort to support one another in our imperfections. First of all, let me say I know I've been a little absent from the blog, but I've been taking advantage of the fact that my husband is home for the summer and I've been working. I know, exciting, huh? But hopefully I'll be back on track soon since school will be starting and my husband will be back to work.

And now for the real reason you stopped by...



Truth Be Told, I have the worst luck with my daughter pooping when I am completely unprepared and without a diaper. I told you about the time I had to let her go commando on our way home from the mall because she pooped and I did not have a spare diaper. Well it's happened to me 2 times since that incident! (Seriously, that was in May!)




{Cute clutch tutorial over at Diary of a Quilter}


We we were at a friend's house for a playdate and as we were getting ready to say our goodbyes, my daughter informs me, "Mommy, I have a poopie." No problem, I'll just get the spare diaper out of my purse and....oh shoot! No diaper. Oh yeah, I have a spare one in the car, let me just run out and get it...seriously? No diaper there, either? Fortunately, my friend had a size 2 diaper laying around that she let me have (my daughter wears a size 4!). But thankfully, it was enough to get us home. So you'd think I'd learn my lesson, right?

Nope!

The other day, my husband and I decided to take the kids for a walk to a park in our neighborhood. I pushed my daugher in the stroller and my son rode his bike. We made it to the park, the kids are playing, all is right with the world. Then my son comes over and says, "I have to go potty." There's no porta-potties around, but that's ok, he's a boy, so my husband takes him to a tree and he does his business. Once again, all is right with the world. About 5 minutes later, my son comes over and says, "uh oh, I have to go poop." Oh great! Now what do we do? He can't exactly poop behind the tree in the middle of the park. We decide to quickly load back up and walk home. As I'm getting ready to put my daughter in her stroller, she announces, "I have a poopie." OH GREAT! We're in the middle of the park, my son has to poop, my daughter has already pooped, and I don't have a diaper or wipes! So I did what any resourceful mom would do. I laid my daughter on the picnic table, wet some kleenex (thank goodness I had those!) with water from her sippy cup, wiped her bottom, threw away the poopie diaper, put her shorts back on and we high-tailed it home!

So now I'm going to start stashing diapers and wipes everywhere! The car, my purse, the stroller...I vow to never be caught in this predicament again!...Until it happens the next time ;)

Now it's your turn! Tell us your truth :) C'mon, you know you want to. Confession is good for the soul, right? ;)



Sharing here:

Weekend Bloggy Reading

3 comments:

  1. Along these lines, my daughter and I went with our neighbors to a restaurant with a sand playground on site. The kids love it! But... I turned at one point and noticed my neighbor's son, who was mostly potty trained, had "the look" on his face. So I pointed out to her that he was pooping. She ran and got him, and took him to the bathroom. Unfortunately , it was too late. So he went commando (with wet shorts) because she didn't have a change of clothes, or a spare diaper for any of her kids, and I didn't have a spare change of clothes either. Which was fine... until... about 30 minutes later, my daughter comes up and says "Angelo* pooped in the sand". Yup, it had gone right down his leg, and into the sand. My neighbor went and cleaned it up, then cleaned up her son, and we left as soon as we possibly could.

    *Name changed to protect the guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CLASSIC! I alwya have tons of diapers and wipes stashed everywhere! Truthfully though, I would have just let her ride home in her stroller in her poopie diaper. I try to change them right away if I can, but my kids never seem to mind being poopie (Eew).
    truth be told, I was at the water park all day. Applied sunscreen a zillion times, and now I am way-too-tired to take a shower. Off to bed! ha ha. (Eew).

    ReplyDelete
  3. when is your bday? i think you need a car survival kit complete with spare diapers!
    truth be told one day i brought my kids to the pool and then told them they didn't need a shower because they were in the pool and it's water anyhow... because i didn't feel like giving them a shower.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)