The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Friday, April 15, 2011

Future Project Friday #19 - Bath Wrap

I went to a sewing club meeting last night held at one of my favorite fabric stores. It was their second meeting but my first time to attend. It was so much fun to meet other fabric-loving sewers like myself. And the great part was, I came away with several new projects to add to my to-do list.

One project that I am definitely going to do ASAP is to make a bath wrap for my daughter. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the example towel that one of the ladies brought (I know, bad blogger!), but it looked similar to these:

She just used a large hand towel, sewed casing for the elastic at the top, and added some velcro. Then comes the fun part...embellishing it! My daughter loves for us to wrap her up in her towel after her bath. These will be perfect for after the bath. And they'd also be great for the beach or the pool!

Any of you ever made these for your little ones? I wasn't able to find a tutorial online, but it really seems so easy. When I make mine I'll put together a tutorial in case anyone wants it.

Now I'm off to the store to buy fixin's for a shrimp ceviche...yum!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that's a really cute idea and it looks really easy! I can't wait to see your tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did find this online and I really would like to make this myself. I am very new to sewing so the more pictures/tips/tricks and maybe even a video I can get the better..haha. I hope this helps and I do hope you still plan to put your tutorial online as well.
    http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2009/09/diy-spa-towel-wrap/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)