The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Minnie Mouse Birthday Party

As you know, my daughter just turned 2. We had her party this weekend and I chose a Minnie Mouse theme. I let my kids each pick one show to watch in the mornings and she always, I mean always picks Mickey Mouse clubhouse. What's worse is she has one Minnie Mouse shirt that she wants to wear everyday. If I don't immediately put it in the hamper when it's dirty, she will find it and insist on putting it on, dried mac 'n cheese and all! So I figured a Minnie Mouse theme was a safe bet.

For her 1st birthday and also my son's 3rd, I made them both birthday shirts. I just love the idea of having a special shirt for their special day. You can see the shirts I've made for my kids here and here. So of course I had to make her a Minnie Mouse shirt to celebrate her second birthday!

(P.S. If you're looking for a custom birthday shirt for your little one, check out my shop.)

And how about this adorable clip my sister-in-law made for her to wear. Isn't it the cutest thing ever?!?


In addition to some Minnie plates, napkins and balloons, I ordered her a Minnie cupcake cake from Target. They did a beautiful job and for only about $25!



(This is the face of a child who's had waaaay too much sugar!)

So there you have it! We had a great time celebrating with our friends and family. And I am happy to report that we now have several Minnie Mouse shirts and sweatshirts to choose from! Thank goodness because I was tired of doing her laundry every other day!


Sharing here:

handmade projects

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter!
    I really like her t-shirt and her clip, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m having my daughter’s first birthday party in May. All the children will look so cute. Thank you for sharing! Minnie Mouse Party Supplies

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)