The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Thursday, April 22, 2010

Future Project Friday

I have only recently become obsessed with "Blogland." And if you're reading this, there's a chance that you are also obsessed with "Blogland." Let me tell you how this obsession began...

Earlier this year, I made a New Year's Resolution to MAKE EVERY GIFT I give this year. So I began trolling the internet to find inspiration for some birthday gifts to make. Then I began following some of my favorite blogs (innocent enough, right?). Then I decided to start my own blog. Then I began bookmarking all of the wonderful projects I found. Then I found myself glued to the computer in the middle of the night, ignoring the dirty dishes, the piles of laundry, personal hygiene (please tell me I'm not alone here).

My "TO MAKE" list is so long now that if I sat in front of my sewing machine for 24 hours straight, it might take me a year to finish all of the wonderful projects I've found out there in "Blogland."

So I decided to start a new, fun weekly Blog Post showing you some of my favorite projects that I've found. I'm calling it "FUTURE PROJECT FRIDAY." Maybe I'll get to them one day, maybe I won't. But I'm keeping them in my "TO MAKE" list in hopes that one day I'll have the time to get around to them. Maybe you'll see something to add to YOUR "TO MAKE" list!

So my first "FUTURE PROJECT FRIDAY" is this adorable Sewing Machine Cover by Candace at Sparkle Power.



If you're like me, your sewing machine sits out at your work table collecting dust in between projects. Here's a simple, and very CUTE way to easily cover your sewing machine when you're not using it. Go check out her tutorial and while you're there, browse around her site and you might just find a new blog to follow!

1 comment:

  1. I made one of these sewing machine covers using Candace's tutorial (I'm a huge fan of Sparkle Power) and it was so easy to follow...it was my first sewing project too and it turned out really cute, just wanted to share with you. :)

    I love your blog by the way. Very cute!

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)