The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Monday, April 26, 2010

DIY Tutu

I'm having a bit of "Blogger's Block." I'm not even sure if that's a real term, but you all know what I mean. My Mom and Grandma left yesterday after a 2 week visit and I'm feeling a little sad and less than inspired. So rather than neglect you all, I decided I would share a project with you that I did earlier this year for my daughter's one year birthday party.

In keeping with my New Year's Resolution to make every gift I give this year, I decided to make Tutu's for my daughter and all the little girls that would be coming to her birthday party. Here she is with her Tia (she really liked the balloons and wouldn't take her eyes off of them...not even for a picture!). (I also made her shirt using a scrap piece of fabric and UltraHold Heat Bond - very easy!)



I found this GREAT and super EASY tutorial and pretty much followed it exactly. I just took an afternoon, sat in front of the TV and made all 6 of them. They were so easy to make and I think they came out super cute! I've even made a couple since then for friends and family. We hung each of the Tutu's at the entrance to the playroom with each of the little girls' name clothes-pinned to their Tutu (some were longer than others for the older girls).


What little girl doesn't love something pink and frilly and fun?


The great thing about this project is the endless possibilities. They have SO many different colors of tulle out there (hot pink, turquoise, lime green, purple) and you can get really creative with the coordinating ribbon you use. You're only limited by your own imagination!


Linked to:



UndertheTableandDreaming














The Girl Creative

Sumo Sweet Stuff



Making

8 comments:

  1. So cute! It's so great that you made one for each guest, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Thanks for linking up to Take-A-Look Tuesday! www.craftedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tutus like this make me want to get pregnant again so I can have a little girl! So cute! Especially love the fabric you use for the number 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tutus! My girls have too many! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! How cute to make them for the girls! Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party again if you get a chance! Your little girl is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw your post on Under the Table and Dreaming. My daughter loves tutus too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simple adorable! Your daugthers entire outfit is so precious! Thanks so much for stopping by and joining the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Hope to see you again next Sunday! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole ensemble is adorable! Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)