The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Thursday, February 11, 2010

This Present Day

One of the inspirations for the name of my blog comes from my desire to try to be present with my children. What do I mean by that? I mean that sometimes I notice during the course of the day that I haven't really spent any quality time with my children. Sure, I'm here and they're here, but I've been cleaning the kitchen, checking email, fixing meals, doing laundry, making phone calls, showering, etc., etc., etc... While all of these things are important (some more than others), none are more important than my relationship with my children.

As they get older, they won't remember that I made a nutritious meal for dinner (most of the time), that the laundry was promptly folded and put away (which it rarely is), that I was well-organized (I try to be) or any of the other things that we often consider valuable traits for a "good mother." No. What they will remember is that I got on the floor with them and played cars and danced and sang with them and made a play-doh bird's nest and played peek-a-boo about a hundred times. So that is what I try to do everyday. I try to be present, not just present. Today was a success. We played in the snow without a care in the world. And it was GREAT!



The laundry will still be there tomorrow (and the next day, and the day after that...).

1 comment:

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)