The Story of a Mom, a Wife a Small-Business-Owner-Hopeful (Happy Baby Designs) and a Craft Lover, trying to be present (not just exist) in my life with my children, my husband and myself. Follow along with me as I chronicle my crafting and business endeavors, my true life and some mommy moments along the way .


Monday, February 8, 2010

Quick and Easy Dinner



On a COLD, RAINY day like today, I can't seem to make myself leave the house to get to the grocery store. So I often make one of my "ol' reliable" recipes that is fast, easy, and I usually have all of the ingredients waiting in my pantry. It's my Tuna Noodle Casserole. Here's the recipe (as best as I can pass it on, since I do a lot of "eyeballing"):

about 3/4 pkg 12 oz. egg noodles (I've used just about every noodle out there so you can use whatever you have in the pantry, but I've found that these taste the best for some reason)
1 can of tuna
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I've used cream of chicken or celery in a pinch, but mushroom tastes the best)
1/2 can milk
about 3 cups cheese (this is the part I eyeball); Monterrey Jack mix or Cheddar
frozen peas (to taste)
1 can (the big one) French fried onions

Cook the egg noodles according to directions. Drain and put in casserole dish. Add cream of mushroom soup and milk and mix. Add tuna and mix. Add cheese and mix. Add peas and mix. Cover with the fried onions. Cover casserole and bake for about 20 minutes on 350.

The best part is, we usually have leftovers and it tastes GREAT the next day for lunch!

1 comment:

  1. I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! The only thing I changed was I added another can of tuna and frozen mixed vegetables. I think us mommy's are always in need of quick, easy and cheap recipes. I am going to try the turkey meatballs next. Thanks for the recipes Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you guys! You all are the GREATEST! (And I love to reply to comments so make sure you have an email address attached to your Blogger Profile!)